The history of «Rossiya airlines» open joint stock company
«Rossiya airlines» open joint stock company is one of the biggest Russian airlines and the leading air carrier in the North-Western region of the Russian Federation. Rossiya Airlines is located in St. Petersburg and operates up to 40% of flights from Pulkovo airport.
The company’s history began in 1934. The legal successor of Pulkovo Airlines, it keeps the rich traditions of the St. Petersburg aviation. On 28 January, 2011, the company changed its form of ownership, and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise State Transport Company Rossiya was transformed into «Rossiya airlines» OJSC, which was the most important event for the company’s modern history.
The fleet of Rossiya Airlines consists of 30 modern comfortable liners: Airbus A319, Airbus À320 and Boeing 767-300.
The professionalism of the flight personnel is proven by the fact that most pilots have International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) certificates for flights in complicated weather conditions and various permissions for flights on international routes.
Rossiya Airlines meets the highest international safety standards. By the results of IOSA - IATA Operational Safety Audit in 2007, the company was included on the list of IOSA operators, and in 2009 it passed a second audit successfully. Rossiya Airlines is a holder of the united certificate of the quality management system compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standard.
Since June 2000, the company is a full member of IATA, which shows its high rating on the international air transportation market. Since December 31, 2001, Rossiya Airlines is registered as a full member of Multilateral Interline Traffic Agreements (MITA). Rossiya works with over 100 Russian and foreign partners according to various business agreements. Active cooperation with partner companies enables us to take passengers nearly anywhere in the world.
By passenger traffic, Rossiya Airlines is one of the industry leaders. The company carries over four million passengers per year.